UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz knows exactly what Georges St-Pierre went through to return from a torn ACL, as Cruz is currently on the mend from the same injury. So, with GSP set to return Saturday night against Carlos Condit at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit, is "The Dominator" calling for a "Rush" victory?
"I would like to see GSP come out and not have the knee be a worry, considering I have the same injury," said Cruz, during the weigh-in show on Fuel TV. "But, I want to see Condit take this. He has so much momentum behind him, so confident, so sharp; he believes he is the champion and I think he can go out there and get it done."
St-Pierre has defended the UFC welterweight title six times since claiming it from Matt Serra, but has said he is no longer the champion entering this fight.
- GSP Had Carlos Condit Defeating Nick Diaz Earlier This Year
- Bellator 81 Weigh-In Results: Lightweight Semifinals Made Official
- Jon Fitch-Demian Maia Added To UFC 156 Card
- Royce Gracie Backtracks On Shane Carwin Comments
- Matt Mitrione Will Face Roy Nelson At TUF 16 Finale
- Mike Mucitelli: No Room In MMA For Bullies Like Dan McGuane
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.