The FUEL TV announcers Jon Anik and Brian Stann said they had a great time watching UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz watch the main event of UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao Saturday night. That's because the contest brought about an interim champion in the division, as Renan Barao downed Urijah Faber.
Cruz, who is recovering from knee surgery, will likely be the next man to face Barao unless the interim champion decides to take another fight before "The Dominator" has healed up. Cruz offered up his thoughts on Barao during the post-fight show.
"I am looking forward to it," Cruz said. "(Barao) is new blood. It's exciting to fight a guy like that. He was composed and is ready for a five-round title fight with me."
Cruz defeated Faber last year in his last fight. He suffered the injury while preparing for the third encounter between the two.
Barao wished Cruz a quick recovery, and added that he will do whatever the UFC asks of him in terms of taking another fight or waiting for Cruz.
- Dana White Asked Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To "Honor" Contract
- Chael Sonnen Down For "War Of Words" With WWE Superstar The Rock
- Alan Belcher Gives Us An Update On His Next Fight
- Benson Henderson Gives Us His Three Rules To Fighting
- Heavyweights Rob Broughton, Matt Mitrione Off UFC On FOX 4
- Bjorn Rebney Doesn't Believe Ben Askren Is Boring
- Tim Kennedy Vs. Roger Gracie? Former Military Man Says Yes
- Jamie Varner Excited For Opportunity Presented To Him At UFC On FOX 4
- "Life Changed A Lot" Says Renan Barao In Regards To Being A UFC Champion
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline