Pat Healy feels like he is worthy of a shot at Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez. Healy earned a decision victory over Mizuto Hirota at Strikeforce: Rockhold Vs. Kennedy Saturday night from Portland, Oregon.
The win was the fifth consecutive for Healy since a submission loss to Josh Thomson back in 2010. He sports a career mark of 28-16 overall, including 15 submission victories.
"I've earned my title shot," Healy said. "Nobody else is in line for Gil. This is my show; I need that title fight."
Melendez last defeated Thomson earlier this year, defending his title once again. It appears that the number of challengers are winding down for "El Nino," so maybe it is time for "Bam Bam" to contend for the belt.
- Report: Ulysses Gomez To Sign With UFC, Face Jussier Da Silva
- Glover Teixeira Not Backing Down From Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
- Jon Jones Preparing Well For Dan Henderson's Deadly "H-Bomb"
- Bellator Returning To New Jersey For Bellator 74
- Change In Opponent Doesn't Concern Tim Boetsch
- Luke Rockhold Wants His Shot At Anderson Silva
- Urijah Faber Says Bout With Renan Barao Is "Personal"
- Nate Marquardt: "I Feel Like I'm The Best In The World"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.