In this day and age, it doesn't take long for news to spread. Johny Hendricks immediately took to Twitter after hearing that Georges St-Pierre's likely next opponent would be Nick Diaz and not himself.
"I don't really know what to say but please (Dana White) give me a shot," Hendricks posted. "(GSP) if you want a fight I will give him anything he can take."
Hendricks appeared to be the frontrunner to meet St-Pierre next if "Rush" didn't accept a super-fight with Anderson Silva. However, all of the past talking that Diaz unleashed on GSP appears to have remained on the mind of the Canadian.
White told reporters Thursday that St-Pierre asked for a match with Diaz. GSP recently returned to action for the first time in nearly two years due to knee injuries, defeating Carlos Condit to unify the titles.
Diaz is currently suspended until early in 2013 due to a failed post-fight drug test. Diaz and GSP have had two matches cancelled due to the former Strikeforce champion now appearing for a scheduled press conference and St-Pierre's second knee injury.
- Video: BJ Penn, Rory MacDonald Exchange Verbal Threats
- Jake Shields Calls Out Johny Hendricks, Hendricks Responds
- Miesha Tate Denies Turning Down Fight With Ronda Rousey
- Bellator 83 Weigh-In Results: Featherweight Finals Set
- Johny Hendricks Makes Plea For UFC Welterweight Title Shot
- GSP-Nick Diaz The Likely Next Match, According To Dana White
- Dana White "Happy" UFC On Fox 5 Avoided Any Main Card Injuries
- BJ Penn-Rory MacDonald Ready To Exchange Blows At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.