Still disappointed with his performance on the first World Series of Fighting (WSOF) card, D.J. Linderman (13-4) hopes company officials will grant him another chance in way of kickboxing star Tyrone Sponge (1-0).
"I didn't get to put a show out there like I should have," said Linderman to MMA Weekly. "I really want to get a chance to get a good striker on my second go round, and I'm looking to come out against Mr. Spong himself."
On the WSOF card, Sponge earned a first round KO against Travis Bartlett (7-3) in his MMA debut. Linderman was also KO'd by Anthony Johnson (14-4) in the co-main event.
"I don't take nothing away from him, it was a shot that happened and I'm looking to come back," said Linderman.
The second WSOF show hasn't been announced, but officials spoke earlier about an early 2013 return.
- Video: "UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz" Press Conference Set For 3 PM ET/Noon PT
- Gilbert Melendez In Negotiations With UFC
- Early Reports Of Ronda Rousey-Cris Cyborg At UFC 157 Denied By Cyborg
- Michelle Gutierrez Off Bellator 84, Patricia Vidonic Named As Replacement
- Joe Lauzon Volunteers His UFC 155 Fight With Jim Miller For New Co-Main Event
- Ronaldo Souza Grateful For Spot On Strikeforce Card
- Bellator 84 Championship Fight Pulled
- TUF: Smashes Lightweight Final Now Set
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.