Diego Sanchez decided to play UFC matchmaker over the weekend on Twitter. Sanchez, who said he is targeting a return to the Octagon during the annual Super Bowl weekend card, offered up his take for Vitor Belfort and Michael Bisping.
"(Belfort) you should fight (Bisping) for your next fight," Sanchez posted, "great style match up for you and could put you close to another crack (at) Anderson (Silva)."
Belfort was defeated by Silva and lost to Jon Jones in his last two championship matches. Bisping recently scored a victory over Brian Stann to inch closer to a title shot at 185 pounds.
Sanchez was later questioned why he feels as though Bisping doesn't deserve an immediate title shot. "The Dream" answered, writing "(Bisping) needs to beat one of the top guys first (Chris Weidman, Belfort, Rich Franklin) Brian and (Jason) Mayhem (Miller) don't count." He included Bisping in the title conversation, but said Belfort, Weidman and Franklin at "above him."
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.