In another change to the final card of the year, Derek Brunson has been signed by the UFC to meet Chris Leben at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II. The change was reported by MMAjunkie.com late Tuesday night.
Leben was originally set to face Karlos Vemola, but a training injury has knocked Vemola out of the bout. Leben and Brunson will be the first fight on the main card from Las Vegas on December 29.
Leben (22-8) has posted a 12-7 record inside the Octagon, and will be returning from a suspension. He lost to Mark Munoz in 2011, and failed his post-fight drug test.
Brunson (9-2) will be making his Octagon debut. He owns seven victories via first round stoppage in his career.
- Patrick Cote Shifting To Welterweight, Hopes To Fight At UFC 158
- Medical Suspensions Given To Fighters From The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale
- Karlos Vemola Out, Derek Brunson In To Face Chris Leben At UFC 155
- Cody McKenzie Out Of UFC 155 Bout With Leonard Garcia
- Brian Stann's Hire Heroes USA Partners With WWE
- Ratings Report: TUF 16 Finale Draws 1.3 Million, UFC On FX 6 Falls Below Average
- Legacy FC 18 To Feature Pair Of Title Fights
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.