A number of notables attended open tryouts for The Ultimate Fighter 17 recently in Las Vegas, according to a report by MMAjunkie.com. The season is expected to feature middleweights and light heavyweights, and begin early in 2013.
Strikeforce veteran Derek Brunson and former UFC fighters Jay Silva and Nissen Osterneck were among more than 120 to attend the session.
Brunson (9-2) has dropped two straight fights after winning his first nine. Those losses have come to his toughest opponents, as Kendall Grove earned a decision victory over him and former Strikeforce champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza knocked him out earlier this year.
Silva (8-6) last fought for the UFC in 2010, falling to Chris Leben. He has also faced the likes of Hector Lombard, CB Dollaway and current TUF competitor Bristol Marunde. Osterneck (7-3) lost to Jorge Rivera in 2009 inside the Octagon.
Casting is expected to be finalized later this week, with filming to begin in October. Coaches for the show have yet to be announced.
- Jorge Masvidal-Bobby Green On Target For November Strikeforce Card
- Jon Jones Admits He Was "Black Sheep" Of Jones Family
- Gilbert Melendez, Pat Healy Feel Strikeforce Lightweight Division Is Tough
- Jens Pulver Signs On For Another ONE FC Fight
- Derek Brunson, Jay Silva Attend TUF 17 Tryouts
- Legacy FC 15 To Feature Title Fight, Robert Drysdale
- TUF: The Smashes Available For Online Viewing
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline