Another lightweight match up has been announced three days ago, with Sherdog reporting that Dennis Hallman and Thiago Tavares have agreed to fight at UFC 150 later this summer.
A veteran of the sport, Hallman (51-14-2, 1 NC) recently rebounded from a quick TKO loss to Brian Ebersole (in which he donned his infamous Speedo) by choking out John Makdessi at UFC 140 this past December. In his latest run in the octagon, the 36-year-old has gone 3-2, his only losses coming against Ebersole and John Howard; his other victories were over Ben Saunders and Karo Parisyan.
Since getting knocked out by Shane Roller last March, Tavares (17-4-1) has won two straight. The 27-year-old Brazilian picked up a TKO over Spencer Fisher and a unanimous decision over Sam Stout to put together his longest winning streak since debuting with the promotion in 2007.
- It’s Miller Time: Jim Miller Prepares For A Battle At UFC On Fox 3
- Nate Diaz Ready To Cement Himself As Top Lightweight
- Hector Lombard Draws Brian Stann In UFC Debut
- Brendan Schaub Gets Twitter Love From Tebow Despite KO
- Urijah Faber Writes Book: "Laws Of The Ring"
- Video: Fedor Emelianenko On UFC Future, "We'll See"
- Marloes Coenen Calls Out Ronda Rousey
- Dana White Promises Changes On Upcoming Seasons Of The Ultimate Fighter
- "Invicta FC 1" Results: Marloes Coenen Secures Main Event Victory
- Yushin Okami Vs. Luiz Cane On For UFC 150
- Video: Josh Barnett, "I Am A Fighter"
- Wanderlei Silva Prods "A** Face" Chael Sonnen
- Jon Jones Considerable Favorite Over Dan Henderson
- Video: How Mayhem Miller And Mark Muñoz Came To Train Together
- Jose Aldo Vs. Erik Koch For UFC Featherweight Title At "UFC 149"
- Hector Lombard Wastes No Time In Calling Out UFC Middleweight Champ Anderson Silva
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Episode Eight Recap
- Reminder: "TUF: Live" Episode 8 Coverage Tonight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.