“He knows I’m going to bring it.”
Demetrious Johnson believes he’s the fastest fighter in the UFC. He wants to use his speed to defeat Joseph Benavidez, and become the very first UFC flyweight champion.
“My number one goal is to go out there and finish somebody. If I go in there and kick somebody in the head and they fall down and I’m like, ‘Woo, yeah, give me that strap’ and walk away, I’m happy with that. He’s a great fighter, yeah, he’s a killer. He goes out there and he tries to finish opponents. He’s very methodical with the way he fights. I know he’s going to bring it and he knows I’m going to bring it too.
"The speed aspect, absolutely I’m the fastest guy that he’s ever fought. I’m going to test everything about him: his heart, his chin, his cardio; how bad does he want it? I’ll find out. What’s at stake for me in this fight is making history being the first flyweight champion in the world. I just can’t wait to go out there and fight to find out who’s number one.”
- Patrick Cote makes UFC return against Cung Le at UFC 148
- Patrick “The Predator” Cote wins fourth straight at Amazon Forest Combat 2 (video)
- Patrick Cote: Happy to be swimming in UFC waters, ready for Cung Le
- Le defeats Cote in his return to the octagon
- John Dodson vs. Darren Uyenoyama Booked for UFC on Fox 3
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at MMA Sucka