Daniel Pineda has agreed to replace an injured George Roop and face Antonio Carvalho at UFC 149, UFC officials confirmed on Tuesday. The card takes place July 21 from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
The event has been hit hard by injuries. The new main event is Urijah Faber-Renan Barao for the interim UFC bantamweight title.
Pineda is 2-1 in his UFC career and 17-8 overall, while Carvalho is 13-5 and lost his UFC debut. Roop (12-9-1) suffered an injury in training.
- Video: Trailer For MMA-Centered Film "Here Comes The Boom" Released
- Alistair Overeem Discusses His Suspension On "UFC Tonight"
- Terry Etim Out, Joe Lauzon Awaits New Opponent For "UFC On FOX 4"
- Pre-Fight Trash Talk By Anderson Silva Doesn't Bother Chael Sonnen
- BJ Penn Requests VADA Testing For Fight With Rory MacDonald
- Video: Vitor Belfort Has Pins Removed From Hand After Surgery
- Pat Schilling Released By UFC
- Vitor Belfort Looking Towards A Future At Light Heavyweight
- Dana White Expecting UFC 100-Like Numbers For UFC 148