No opponent was named, but Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix champion Daniel Cormier will return to action in September. During Saturday's Strikeforce: Rockhold Vs. Kennedy event, it was announced that Cormier will compete on September 29 from Sacramento on Showtime.
Cormier won the GP title by defeating Josh Barnett earlier this year. It has been set that he will compete one more time in Strikeforce before joining the ranks of the UFC.
Cormier, a former Olympic wrestler, has won all 10 of his MMA bouts. Along with defeating Barnett, "DC" also owns victories over Antonio Silva and Jeff Monson.
- Report: Ulysses Gomez To Sign With UFC, Face Jussier Da Silva
- Glover Teixeira Not Backing Down From Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
- Jon Jones Preparing Well For Dan Henderson's Deadly "H-Bomb"
- Bellator Returning To New Jersey For Bellator 74
- Change In Opponent Doesn't Concern Tim Boetsch
- Luke Rockhold Wants His Shot At Anderson Silva
- Urijah Faber Says Bout With Renan Barao Is "Personal"
- Nate Marquardt: "I Feel Like I'm The Best In The World"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.