Following his decision victory over dos Santos, Velasquez joined Cormier on the set of Fuel TV's post-fight show. And, as expected, the question of whether the two American Kickboxing Academy teammates would ever fight came up.
"I wouldn't (fight Cormier)," Velasquez said. "This is my friend, my teammate, my coach. If you want this fight, go to AKA. We're going to fight for free (every week in training)."
Cormier echoed those thoughts, just as he has done since asked about them. The former Olympian, who will join the UFC after competing in January for Strikeforce, said that Velasquez is going to make him do something he hasn't had to for a while: cut weight.
- Mark Munoz Involved In Car Accident, Appears To Have Avoided Any Serious Injuries
- Antonio Silva Only Fighting Junior Dos Santos If UFC Forces Him To
- Glover Teixeira Plans To KO Quinton Jackson Out Of The UFC
- Video: Backstage Access To UFC 155
- Jon Jones Responds To Dan Henderson: "Old Guy Got Jokes"
- Nate Marquardt Glad To Put Old Issues With Dana White Behind Him
- Pat Healy Frustrated With UFC’s Decision Making About Strikeforce Fighters
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.