Daniel Cormier (10-0) thinks a fight against Fabricio Werdum (16-5-1) makes sense.
"Fabricio will be a great fight," said Cormier to TATAME. "He is a great fighter; I've trained with him before when I started my career. I know he is better BJJ fighter in the heavyweight division."
Cormier has one fight left on his Strikeforce contract. He is scheduled to fight an undetermined name on the November 3 card before heading to the UFC. Since Werdum returned to the UFC this year, he has earned a two fight win streak.
"I do not know if it will work for what the UFC is trying to do," said Cormier. "Not all of the heavy divisions that have so many challengers. I think Fabricio, as well as other fighters of the class would make sense on a pay-per-view."
- Only One Fight Disappointed At UFC On FUEL TV 5
- Kyle Kingsbury Confirms Multiple Facial Fractures
- Rashad Evans Further Explains Reason For Turning Down Fight
- Dana White Halts Greg Jackson Bashing
- Matt Mitrione Declined Daniel Cormier Fight
- Highlights From "UFC On Fuel TV: Struve Vs. Miocic"
- Video: "UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot" Preview
- Daniel Cormier Talks His Next Opponent
- Chael Sonnen Facing Forrest Griffin Next, But Has Jon Jones On Mind
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.