Following UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao, UFC president Dana Whtie conducted his usual press conference media huddle. Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson was among the topics discussed.
Jackson, who was very vocal against ever wanting to fight for the UFC again, will meet Glover Teixeira this October at UFC 153 in Brazil. The fight will be the final one on Jackson's current contract.
After "Rampage" begged White to release him, the leader of the UFC said, "we've honored your contract so far, honor yours and finish it." White said Jackson took some time and decided to do so.
White went on to say that, "if (Jackson) decides he doesn't want to fight for us anymore, we're not going to hold him back," but added that he needs to make up his mind.
- Alan Belcher Accepts Vitor Belfort's Challenge
- Michael Bisping Happy To Be Fighting Brian Stann On Neutral Territory
- Rory MacDonald "Excited" To Be Fighting In Canada Again
- Joseph Benavidez Not Amused By Michael Bisping's Comments
- Dominick Cruz Wants To Fight Soon, But Leaving That In Hands Of Professionals
- UFC 152 Receives Welterweights Seth Baczynski, Simeon Thoresen
- Jacob Volkmann-Shane Roller Added To UFC 151
- Chael Sonnen Tries To "Encourage" Urijah Faber
- Rory MacDonald Planning To Hurt BJ Penn
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline