Ahead of their first-ever event to be held in Calgary, Canada, the UFC has donated a considerable number of prizes to the Children's Wish Foundation of Canada. The items will be auctioned off online, with the proceeds to benefit the charity.
Among the items donated were a pair of gloves autographed by Georges St-Pierre, a card signed by Dana White, two VIP tickets to "White's personal section," a one-hour behind-the-scenes tour on fight day and front row seats to the event's official weigh-ins.
"These are tickets that are never released to the public and are as close to the Octagon as you can get," foundation spokeswoman Chantal Macleod told the Calgary Sun. "Given the calibre of the prizes, Dana White has gone above and beyond."
The UFC has worked with the Children's Wish Foundation of Canada before, sending one young MMA fan to the fight card of their dreams in Toronto.
UFC 149 is scheduled to take place on July 21 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary; it will be the promotion's first trip to the Canadian province.
- Video: Daniel Cormier, 'I Am A Fighter'
- Ryan Jimmo Vs. Anthony Perosh On For UFC 149
- Video: Wanderlei Silva's UFC 147 Vlog, Episode 2
- 'UFC Primetime' Back On FX For UFC 146
- Dana White: Nate Diaz, Not Jim Miller, Up For Title Shot
- UFC Donates UFC 149 Prize Package To Canadian Children's Charity
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Not Leaving Friday Nights, Says FX Executive
- "Ultimate Fighter" Winner Ross Pearson Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI
- Roy Nelson, Edson Barboza Given New Fights For "UFC 146"
- Video: Dana White's UFC On FOX 3 Vlog, Episode Two
- Jon Jones Just Wants Hendo To Keep It Classy
- Video: Quick UFC 146 Promo
- Francisco Rivera Steps In To Face Alex Soto At UFC On FUEL TV 3
- Nevada Responds To Nick Diaz's Lawsuit
- Video: Age And Experience Will Overcome Youth And Preparation
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.