At last Saturday night's UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir post-fight press conference, the UFC boss confirmed those plans. He also indicated that Englishman Dan Hardy, who snapped a four-fight losing streak at UFC 146 with a first-round knockout of Duane Ludwig, is a likely participant on the card.
"That [card] is happening and Dan will probably be on that card," said White.
The UFC boss also named Paul Sass, another UK fighter who picked up a first-round finish at UFC 146, as a probable member of the lineup. Sass earned his ninth professional victory by triangle choke at the event, defeating Jacob Volkmann to earn his third straight UFC win. White indicated that the undefeated 23-year-old will be facing a significant step up in competition.
UFC 138 was the last card that the promotion held in the UK, it went down last November and featured a middleweight tilt between Chris Leben and Mark Muñoz.
This event is slated to take place on September 29 at the Capital FM Arena.
- Dan Hardy: “I Feel Like That Was My UFC Debut”
- UFC's Alan Belcher Gives Webinar For Leglock Defense
- Mayhem Miller Talks Backstage Incident, Retirement
- Report: Anderson Silva Has Injured His Knee
- Video: Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic Wins By KO At K-1 Rising
- Big Country Sticks It To Bosses With UFC 146 Win
- Alistair Overeem Likely To Remain Top Contender After Suspension
- Dana White Confirms Nottingham Fight Card
- Video: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir Highlights
- Dana White Talks Arianny Celeste's Arrest
- Video: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Highlights
- Dana White Hints At Brock Lesnar's Return
- Jason "Mayhem" Miller Cut From UFC
- Vitor Belfort Out Of UFC 147 With Broken Hand
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Live Gate And Attendance
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.