Until Alistair Overeem registered an elevated T:E ratio on a surprise drug test administered by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson was hogging MMA headlines.
From controversially admitting to TRT usage and publicly denouncing the UFC, to filming… whatever this is, Jackson was squarely in the spotlight for quite awhile -– for everything but his chosen profession.
Jackson has always been mercurial and capricious, but his latest string of behavior seems like it's going to end with his eventual, and many say premature, exit from the UFC.
I think he could have been so much better if he applied himself. He had all the tools. Incredible chin, knockout power in both hands, incredible charisma and personality. Tell me Rampage Jackson wasn't born to fight. Not only in his power, but his attributes, his wrestling, his chin, the list goes on and on.
He's crazy. Rampage takes losses really hard, and, I don't know, we'll just see what happens, see how this thing plays out. His potential could have been so much more. This is a crazy business, you always have these guys who think they're getting screwed and this and that and everything else that's happening. 'Rampage' wants to fight one more fight on his contract, and his last fight, and he'll never make that money ever again for the rest of his life. A lot of those guys in the UFC don't realize that until it's too late.
But hey, there's always the A-Team sequel.
If you look at the only movie he ever acted in, "The A-Team," he did a great job in that movie. If you look at all the guys who have tried to cross over into acting, Rampage is the only one who has ever done a good job at it. He's actually a really good actor.
- Bellator 68 Lineup Finalized
- Dana White Wishes Rampage Would Have Applied Himself
- Video: Alistair Overeem Visits Dr. Molina
- Dana White: BJ Penn And Tito Ortiz Will Join UFC Hall Of Fame
- Anheuser-Busch Issues Warning To UFC
- Video: Ronda Rousey Speaks Against MMA Bill At CA Assembly
- Featherweights Hatsu Hioki, Ricardo Lamas Added To "UFC On FX 4"
- "UFC On FUEL TV 2" Drug Tests All Report Back Clean
- Jose Aldo Vs. Erik Koch Expected For UFC Featherweight Title
- Video: Alistair Overeem's NSAC Hearing
- Falcao-Spang Winner To Face Alexander Shlemenko For Vacant Title
- Vinny Magalhaes Blames Extended Absence On M-1 Global
- Video: Georges St-Pierre's And His Road Back To The Octagon
- Free From Bellator, Jay Hieron To Try Luck With Legacy FC
- Dana White Calls Overeem Liar, Says Future With UFC Uncertain
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Fighter Salaries
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.