UFC president Dana White was not the man behind giving Jon Jones a sponsorship filled with UFC merchandise prior to Jones' UFC light heavyweight title defense vs. Rashad Evans earlier this year. White remarked his desire to do away with the deal between promotion and fighter during his media scrum following UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic.
"I'm still not a big fan of (UFC sponsoring fighters)," White said. "I don't like it. I hope we're on our way to phasing it out. It was a decision that was made, and I don't think it was the best decision. We'll see what happens."
Frank Mir also wore UFC clothing for his title fight with Junior dos Santos earlier this year. Jones went on to sign with Nike after the UFC deal, which included an opt-out-clause for "Bones" to sign with Nike.
- Video: Bellator 74 Highlights Feature Welterweight Tourney Openers
- Ex-WWE Superstar Dave Bautista Has Opponent For Saturday
- Travis Browne Is A Fighter, Not A Talker
- Jeremy Stephens Changes His Lifestyle
- TUF: Brazil 2 Confirmed For 2013
- Chad Mendes-Hacran Dias Added To UFC On FX 6
- Danielle West Steps In For Injured Julia Budd
- Two Legacy FC Shows Gain New Fights
- "UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot" Results And Live Coverage On Friday
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.