Following his second straight loss in the UFC, Jason "Mayhem" Miller has been cut from the promotion.
Due to his theatrical antics at the weigh-ins and during his walk out, Mayhem has never had UFC president Dana White as his biggest fan. In fact, it looked for a time like he would be cut following his dismal performance against Michael Bisping last December.
After losing to C.B. Dollaway at UFC 146 Saturday night in another ugly fight, Miller was almost certain to be released from the promotion. White informed reporters after the post-fight press conference that a mysterious backstage incident expedited that decision and that Miller is no longer under contract with Zuffa.
"I'm not into that stuff, it's not my thing," White said of Miller's theatrics. "I don't really care if guys do it, because you see it at the weigh-ins all the time and you see stuff like that. But c'mon man, take this thing serious. You wanna be a clown? You can do that on your reality show. Then something happened here backstage after -- Mayhem's done. He's gone."
White declined to offer much more detail on the incident, except for to say that it wasn't physical.
There's been no word from Miller yet, who also pledged to retire if he couldn't beat Dollaway. Prior to this recent two-fight stint, Miller had appeared once before in the UFC, losing to Georges St-Pierre by unanimous decision at UFC 52.
- Dan Hardy: “I Feel Like That Was My UFC Debut”
- UFC's Alan Belcher Gives Webinar For Leglock Defense
- Mayhem Miller Talks Backstage Incident, Retirement
- Report: Anderson Silva Has Injured His Knee
- Video: Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic Wins By KO At K-1 Rising
- Big Country Sticks It To Bosses With UFC 146 Win
- Alistair Overeem Likely To Remain Top Contender After Suspension
- Dana White Confirms Nottingham Fight Card
- Video: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir Highlights
- Dana White Talks Arianny Celeste's Arrest
- Video: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Highlights
- Dana White Hints At Brock Lesnar's Return
- Jason "Mayhem" Miller Cut From UFC
- Vitor Belfort Out Of UFC 147 With Broken Hand
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Live Gate And Attendance
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.