UFC president Dana White has changed his stance in regards to the use of testosterone replacement therapy in MMA. During a recent interview with Fox Sports' MMA Intensity, White discussed the use of TRT.
"Here's the thing about TRT. It's absolutely 100-percent legal," White said (thanks to MMAMania.com for transcribing). "As sports medicine continues to advance, this is one of those things where every guy's testosterone level starts to drop as they get older and this is basically sports science now where they can bring it back up to a normal level. And I think it's great, it's absolutely fair, it's legal."
White continued, though, by saying, "The problem is, there are guys who say if this much is good, this much must be great. So you have guys who are always trying to do more than they're supposed to do. The big job is policing it, making sure that it's not being abused."
- Kenny Florian Believes GSP Will Return In November
- Alistair Overeem Continues To Fuel Fire With Junior Dos Santos
- Josh Koscheck Out Of UFC 151 Fight With Jake Ellenberger
- Final Ratings In For UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera
- Jon Fitch Calls BJ Penn "A Coward," Says Not Welcome At AKA
- Shawn Bunch To Debut In Bellator This November
- Lyoto Machida Doesn't Plan On Staying Quiet While Waiting For Title Shot
- No New News On Nick Diaz And His Quest To Fight Again
- No Contract Yet Between UFC-Nate Diaz, Says Cesar Gracie
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.