Junior dos Santos' rematch with Cain Velasquez for the UFC heavyweight title will not go down at UFC 152, according to UFC president Dana White. During the post-fight show on FUEL TV over the weekend, White confirmed the fight would not happen at the planned Toronto event.
"Yes, that fight will happen. I don't know when and I don't know where," White said. "That is going to depend on Junior."
"Cigano" claimed the title from Velasquez late in 2011, knocking the former Arizona State University wrestling standout down and out in the opening round. Dos Santos defended his belt once since, downing Frank Mir.
Velasquez likely secured his No. 1 contender status by defeating Antonio Silva earlier this year. The loss to JDS was the first of the career for Velasquez.
- Jose Aldo Vs. Erik Koch Planned For "UFC 153" In Rio
- Maruicio “Shogun” Rua Describes Glover Teixeira Situation In His Own Words
- Showtime GM Says UFC Programming On Their Channel A Possibility
- Rich Franklin Hoping For One Final Title Run In The UFC
- Retirement The Right Call, Says Fedor Emelianenko
- Fired Up Anderson Silva Goes Medieval, Says He'll Break "Criminal" Sonnen's Limbs
- Dana White Critical Of Performances By "TUF: Brazil" Fighters At "UFC 147"
- Wanderlei Silva Will Have To Wait Longer For Rematch With Vitor Belfort
- Date For Junior Dos Santos Vs. Cain Velasquez II Unknown