UFC president Dana White is seen as being very reachable thanks to his use of Twitter. White is a mainstay on the social media site and, as he told Mashable.com recently, the entire UFC roster is as well.
"Today we have 475 athletes under contract and every one is active on Twitter," White said, "and you've got them on Facebook, too, with followings that range from 20,000 to 2.8 billion.
The UFC started offering bonuses to their fighters for use of Twitter. UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has 2.8 million followers, while White boasts 2.3 million - well ahead of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and his 345,000.
White is scheduled to be the keynote speaker at BusinessNextSocial in January, offering other industry leaders insight on how the UFC has taken advantage of social media. Fights are streamed live on Facebook, and as White said, "It's literally how we operate now."
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.