It was confirmed on UFC Tonight that the UFC will head to China in November. UFC on FUEL TV will be the event for the November 10 card from Macau, China.
UFC president Dana White has talked in-depth about branching out to other countries going forward, as the push to make the UFC a global icon continues. Shows have already been held in such places as Japan, Australia, Abu Dhabi, England and Brazil.
"We finally got China done!" White posted on Twitter. "We're headed to Macau in November!!!"
No fights have been announced for the card.
Macau is one of the two special administrative regions of China along with Hong Kong. The economy for the territory relies heavily on gambling and tourism, over 544,000 people call it home.
"Breaking into a market with a population of over 1.3 billion is both a testament to the growth of our sport and a long-term challenge we are excited to undertake," said UFC CEO and Chairman Lorenzo Fertitta.
- Mike Brown Agrees To Bypass Retirement, Signs New Deal With UFC
- If Michael Bisping Wants It, Brian Stann Accepts
- Edson Barboza Advances, Needs Votes To Garner ESPY
- Tito Ortiz "Could Beat" Jon Jones In His Fighting Prime
- "Countdown To UFC 148" Takes In-Depth Look At Silva Vs. Sonnen II
- Silva-Sonnen Could Become Biggest UFC Rivalry Ever, Says Dana White
- "Bellator: MMA Onslaught" Available For Download On Playstation, XBox
- Video: Chael Sonnen Watches His Fight With Anderson Silva At UFC 117
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.