UFC president Dana White has credited Ronda Rousey for his decision to bring women's MMA into the Octagon. While some other female competitors have called White out for his remarks, that hasn't stopped the brash boss from continuing to praise the UFC women's bantamweight champion.
"Ronda is the real deal," White said. "She's nasty. She's mean. She's like Chuck Liddell; she goes out there and tries to finish opponents."
Rousey will face Liz Carmouche in the main event of UFC 157: Rousey Vs. Carmouche on February 23 from the Honda Center in Anaheim. The bout marks the first female fight ever inside the Octagon.
"Carmouche is tough as nails, too," White said. "She was a Marine and she's got great ground-and-pound. I look forward to having the women join the UFC."
- Benson Henderson: Friend Or Foe, At 155 It Doesn't Matter
- Chael Sonnen On TUF Coaching Gig: I Didn't Realize I Wasn't Coaching Jon Jones
- UFC On FX 6 Weigh-In Results
- Vinny Magalhaes Calls Out Phil Davis: "I'm A Horrible Fight For Him"
- Eric Kelly-Honorio Banario To Meet For ONE FC Featherweight Title
- Bellator 84 Weigh-In Results: Tourney Finals Are Set
- Video: Anderson Silva Stars In Brazilian Duracell Advertisement
- Dana White Calls Ronda Rousey "Nasty, Mean... Like Chuck Liddell"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.