Dana White is blown away by the way the Anderson Silva (33-4) acts when the media is present. The UFC president noted that the middleweight champion in front of the camera is not the same person backstage.
"He'll fight anybody, and he knows he'll win if he does," said White to MMA Fighting. "That's how he talks behind closed doors."
Silva has been called by White numerous times as the pound-for-pound best in the world. Since joining the UFC, Silva has a record 16 consecutive wins and most title defenses at 10. He has taken on challengers from the middleweight and light heavyweight division.
"Anderson Silva is a guy that likes to challenge himself," said White. "And I think he likes to f--- with you guys, to be honest with you. I think he just plays with you guys because the conversations we have behind the scenes are completely different than what is said publicly."
Silva's manager Jorge Guimaraes stated this week that the champ looks to return to action over the summer. White has been pressing for a superfight with Georges St-Pierre (23-2) or Jon Jones (17-1), going as far to say that both fights will happen. Currently, St-Pierre and Jones are linked to another fight for 2013.
- Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva To Headline UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Diego Sanchez Confirms He Is Fighting Takanori Gomi At UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Georges St-Pierre Vs. Nick Diaz Close To Being Finalized For UFC 158
- Edwin Figueroa-Francisco Rivera Set For UFC 156
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Attendance, Live Gate Figures Announced
- Cub Swanson-Dennis Siver Added To UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Bellator 83 Ratings Bomb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.