The son of UFC fighter Dan Miller is progressing well after kidney transplant surgery. Danny Miller, Jr., was born with a condition called polycystic kidney disease and needed a transplant after losing all his kidney functions in 2010.
Miller's wife, Kristen, posted on Facebook that "Danny is now peeing again! Words can't describe the emotion that we are feeling right now." Dan wrote on his Twitter account, "Surgery went well (Thursday), never thought I'd be happy to see some pee!"
Jim Miller, Dan's brother, added on Twitter, "Pee! My 2 1/2 yr old nephew has kidney function for the first time in over 2 years. 1 hurdle cleared, many more ahead."
Dan Miller pulled out of a fight after Danny's aunt, Kathy, was found to be a successful match for the transplant.
- Martin Kampmann Doesn't Lack Confidence In Potential Georges St-Pierre Fight
- Jon Jones Has Future Plans To Beat Chael Sonnen "Silly"
- Antonio Banuelos Plans To Push The Pace In Lighter Weight Class
- Scott Coker Explains Reason Behind Lorenz Larkin's Strikeforce Title Shot
- Dan Henderson Believes He'll Get Jon Jones-Vitor Belfort Winner
- Ray Sefo: Tyrone Spong Coming To World Series Of Fighting
- Pat Barry "By The End Of This Year, I'm Going To Punch Somebody In The Face"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline