Bellator has decided to cut Dan McGuane (3-0) from their upcoming show after it was revealed that the fighter was convicted of manslaughter when he was a young man. Yesterday evening, Bellator released the following statement via Twitter.
Dan McGuane has been removed from the Bellator 81 fight card stemming from a previous incident.A replacement fight will be announced shortly
In 2005, McGuane and his twin brother got into an argument with an 18-year-old man who they beat to death. The argument allegedly started over name calling.
McGuane was scheduled to fight on the upcoming Bellator 81 card which takes place this Friday, November 16. A replacement name is being sought out.
Bellator 81 airs this Friday on MTV2. Check back at FightLine.com for results.
- Michael Bisping: If Anderson Silva Wants Time Off, Make Interim Title
- Ratings Hold Strong For Latest Episode Of The Ultimate Fighter
- UFC Goes With Alan Belcher-Yushin Okami For Final UFC 155 Main Card Bout
- Tyrone Spong Grades His MMA Debut From The WSOF
- Date Announced For Bellator Season 7 Featherweight Finals
- UFC 157 Targeted For February 23, Anaheim, California
- Jorge Masvidal: Strikeforce Lacks Communication
- Anderson Silva: No Plans To Enter Octagon, Challenge GSP At UFC 154
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.