"With Jon Jones, I prepare on winning every round," said Henderson. "I want to make sure I win every round so there is no question."
While Henderson looks to dominate every round, if the time is right, he knows he can end the fight early.
"If I can hit him in the right spot, at the right time, and finish him that's even better," said Henderson.
With the exception of a DQ lose, Jones is undefeated in his MMA career. He won the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship in 2011 and has defended it successfully three times, all against former champions. Henderson is on a four fight win streak and looks to win his first UFC championship.
"I don't plan on wasting this opportunity and making sure I come out on top no matter what it takes," said Henderson. "I know I can beat anybody out there if I perform the way I can."
Jones vs. Henderson takes place September 1 at UFC 151.
- Tito Ortiz Launches Sports Management Agency
- Wagner Prado Cleared, Hopes For Quick Rematch With Phil Davis
- Jose Aldo Says He Will "Shut Off" Frankie Edgar If They Meet
- Mark Bocek-Rafael Dos Anjos Set For UFC 154
- Randy Couture Helps The Expendables 2 Bring In Nearly $29 Million
- Liz Carmouche Offers Up Her Services To Face Ronda Rousey
- Joe Lauzon-Gray Maynard Added To Year-End UFC 155 Card
- Former NFL Player Turned MMA Fighter Herschel Walker On The Competition Difference
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.