Dan Henderson and former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida appear to have a set date, as the two contenders will collide at UFC 157. The card takes place February 23 from Anaheim. The Brazilian news source Tatame reported the fight on Monday.
Initial reports had Henderson-Machida going down earlier in the month at UFC 156: Aldo Vs. Edgar. The card appears to have its main bouts, though, leaving the two 205-pound fighters for later in the month.
Henderson was set to meet Jon Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title, but a training injury to his knee knocked him out. "Hendo" last fought in 2011, defeating Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.
Machida stopped Ryan Bader this past August, and was promptly named the No. 1 contender in the division. However, he turned down a bout with Jones on short notice, and was informed he would need to compete again to secure a title shot.
- Dan Hardy Interested In Josh Koscheck, Not Matt Riddle
- Alistair Overeem, Golden Glory Settle Lawsuits
- Vinny Magalhaes Takes Shot At Matt Hamill
- UFC On Fox 5 Prelims Headed For FX
- Urijah Faber Back To Training Full-Time
- Andrei Arlovski Headed For Russia, December Showdown With Mike Hayes
- MMA Veteran Rich Clementi Retires From Fighting
- Family Member Cast Doubts That Kyra Gracie Can Join MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.