A pair of former champions will meet in February, as UFC officials announced Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida for UFC 157: Rousey Vs. Carmouche. The bout had been long-rumored for the card, which takes place February 23 from Anaheim, California.
Machida is an ex-UFC 205-pound champion, and is coming off a win over Ryan Bader that left him with a title shot in hand. However, "The Dragon" turned the bout down and will now need to defeat Henderson to secure his spot in the rankings.
UFC 157 features the first female fight inside the Octagon, as Ronda Rousey defends her UFC title against Liz Carmouche. Also, Urijah Faber will face Ivan Menjivar on the card.
- Benson Henderson: Friend Or Foe, At 155 It Doesn't Matter
- Chael Sonnen On TUF Coaching Gig: I Didn't Realize I Wasn't Coaching Jon Jones
- UFC On FX 6 Weigh-In Results
- Vinny Magalhaes Calls Out Phil Davis: "I'm A Horrible Fight For Him"
- Eric Kelly-Honorio Banario To Meet For ONE FC Featherweight Title
- Bellator 84 Weigh-In Results: Tourney Finals Are Set
- Video: Anderson Silva Stars In Brazilian Duracell Advertisement
- Dana White Calls Ronda Rousey "Nasty, Mean... Like Chuck Liddell"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.