Dan Henderson (29-9) continues to show frustration that Chael Sonnen (27-12-1) is the new No. 1 contender to the light heavyweight championship. It was announced earlier in the week that Sonnen and current champion Jon Jones (17-1) will be opposing coaches on season 17 of The Ultimate Fighter.
A day after the fight was announced, Henderson went to Twitter with a message for Dana White that mentioned Sonnen in. In his tweet, Henderson said he should focus more on talking than training.
Henderson returned to his Twitter account today to clarify his earlier remarks. In it he defends Sonnen's decision for accepting the fight, but sees it as an insult to MMA. His tweet read:
"And just to make it clear, I will always hv love for Chael and don't blame him for saying yes to a big opportunity. But giving him that fight rt now degrades the sport of Mma."
After the cancellation of UFC 151, Henderson remains on the sides with a knee injury. He is rumored to fight Lyoto Machida (18-3) next, but that has not been confirmed. In late September, Jones successfully defended his championship for a fourth time. When Sonnen vs. Jones takes place in April, it will be the challengers debut in a new weight division.
- Matt Riddle, Francisco Rivera Suspended For Failed Drug Tests
- Is Anderson Silva Already Budging On Jon Jones Super-Fight?
- Bellator 77 Weigh-In Results: Lightweight Tourney Quarters Official
- Shane Carwin Continues Rehab For Injured Knee Ahead Of TUF 16 Finale Fight
- Jon Jones Doing MMA A Favor Taking Out Chael Sonnen
- Gilbert Yvel Scratched From RFA 4 Main Event
- Anderson Silva's Legacy Continues To Grow In Brazil
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.