UFC Nottingham - AKA UFC on FUEL TV 5 - will feature Nottingham's own, UFC welterweight Dan Hardy vs Ultimate Fighter season seven winner, Amir Sadollah. Hardy told MMA Fight Corner at the Xyience Xen Art event, he can't wait to put on a show in his hometown.
"It's good. It's really good. I'm feeling good my weight's good, I'm in a good place," Hardy said. "I'm just looking forward to getting back to my hometown and seeing all my family and putting on a good show for the fans."
After knocking out Duane Ludwig at UFC 146, Hardy had finally rebounded from four consecutive losses in the UFC. Now, he's ready to prove to Nottingham that he's been working diligently to make a name for himself all these years away from home. "It's gonna be good. I've taken so many huge steps forward since I last fought in Nottingham, which was 6 years ago now - a long time ago. It's going to be nice to get back there and show people the improvements that I've made and show people that I'm away working on my game and I'm not just hanging out in Vegas and doing this kind of thing," Hardy said.
Though he's heard about Sadollah training with his last opponent, Ludwig to prepare for this fight, Hardy warned that might not be the best idea. "Seeing as how I knocked my last opponent out, I don't think it's a wise move really. Whatever makes him feel better. I don't really mind. I'll be ready for him."
UFC on FUEL TV 5 will take place on September 29 in Nottingham, England and will feature UFC heavyweights Stefan Struve vs Stipe Miocic in the main event.
- UFC Boss Has "No Regrets" Over Cancelling UFC 151
- Lyoto Machida's Decision To Pass On Title Shot Moves Him Down The Line
- Foot Injury Could Keep Mark Munoz Sidelined For Over A Year
- Dana White Confirms Georges St-Pierre Vs. Anderson Silva In The Plans
- Teams For The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes Announced
- Odds Of Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza Fighting In November Looking Slim
- Tyson Nam, Bellator Contract Dispute Continues
- Video: Full Trailer For MMA-Inspired Film "Here Comes The Boom"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline