Dan Hardy picked up his first victory in the UFC since 2009, knocking out Duane Ludwig Saturday night at UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir. Hardy was on a four-fight losing streak entering the contest, and likely facing his release with another loss.
Instead, "The Outlaw" went on the attack, delivering a vicious left-hook that dropped Ludwig. Hardy finished the contest with a series of short elbows.
"It feels good to be back," Hardy said. "It's kind of bittersweet, though, because Duane has been kind of a hero of mine. I've always respected him and am a big fan of his. Seeing him hit the canvas was good for me, but bad for him."
Hardy's last win came in November of 2009 when he defeated Mike Swick. That victory launched him into a UFC welterweight title clash with Georges St-Pierre. Since that time, however, Hardy has lost to GSP, Carlos Condit, Anthony Johnson and Chris Lytle.
UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta announced after Hardy's loss to Lytle that he would not be cut, as Fertitta enjoyed having him in the UFC because he always comes to fight. Hardy took an extended break since that bout, training in Las Vegas full-time with the likes of Frank Mir.
- Video: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir Highlights
- Dana White Talks Arianny Celeste's Arrest
- Video: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Highlights
- Dana White Hints At Brock Lesnar's Return
- Jason "Mayhem" Miller Cut From UFC
- Vitor Belfort Out Of UFC 147 With Broken Hand
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Live Gate And Attendance
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Fight Night Bonuses
- UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir
- Frank Mir No Match For Junior Dos Santos And His Boxing
- Statement Made By Cain Velasquez With Stoppage Of Antonio Silva
- UFC 146: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio Silva
- Roy Nelson Drops Dave Herman With One Punch KO
- UFC 146: Roy Nelson Vs. Dave Herman
- Stipe Miocic Remains Undefeated, Deals Shane Del Rosario His First Career Loss In Process
- UFC 146: Stipe Miocic Vs. Shane Del Rosario
- Stefan Struve Puts His Submission Skills On Display Again Vs. Lavar Johnson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.