Curtis Brigham (9-5) return to MMA is unique, as it will be his first fight in eight years. After Brigham graduated from college he took the office career root, before deciding to open his own gym.
"I'm not nervous at all," said Brigham on MMA Weekly. The only thing I'm afraid of is to get stalled out and have a boring fight. I'm not totally results-driven; I want to put on a good show. I'm really hoping I win, but more than a win, I hope we have a good fight and the crowd enjoys it."
While away from active competition, Brigham remained close to the sport and doesn't think the time gap will play a factor.
"I'd like to think I'm more rounded and am in better shape," said Brigham. "I've been in the fight game cornering, coaching and training, so I don't feel I should be rusty, but we'll see Saturday night."
Brigham vs. Matt Trudeau (2-0) takes place today, August 15, for Aggression FC 11 in Canada and will on PPV.
"If I have a win, for sure I'll do it again," said Brigham. "We just opened a new gym, so to be honest, I need the money. It's not the only reason, but it certainly helps."
- Nick Ring Vs. Constantinos Philippou Added To UFC 154
- Jorge Masvidal: Strikeforce Needs More Shows
- Jon Jones Thinks He's Wrongfully Portrayed As The Villain
- Fans Will See A Reborn Chris Leben In UFC Return
- Jon Fitch Thinks Championship Fights Are Given Out To The UFC's Favorites
- UFC 140 Taught Walel Watson A Lesson The Hard Way
- Krzysztof Soszynski-Ednaldo Oliveira Set For UFC On FX: Lombard Vs. Palhares
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline