Former Strikeforce champion Cung Le knew Rich Franklin was looking for a kick, so he countered with an overhand right. The punch floored Franklin and gave Le the biggest win of his career in the main event of UFC On Fuel TV: Franklin Vs. Le Saturday.
"A lucky punch," said Le, of the knockout blow. "He kept throwing that punch at me and was looking for me to kick, I thought I could catch him with a punch. I caught him; thank you Lord."
Le (9-2) earned his first UFC victory earlier this year, defeating former contender Patrick Cote. Now, he owns a win over a former UFC champion in Franklin.
"This is the biggest fight of my life," Le said. "Thank you to Rich Franklin for the opportunity. Thank you to the UFC. I couldn't ask for anything more. I am just so grateful."
Franklin (29-9) was coming off a win over Wanderlei Silva. He stopped short of saying this was his final fight, saying instead that he'll head back home and discuss matters with his coaches.
- Challenge Placed Against David Batista
- Details Emerge On DREAM-GLORY Event
- Frankie Edgar On Aldo: "I'm Going To Have To Push Him And Test His Mettle"
- Bellator Removes Dan McGuane From Card Due To Manslaughter Arrest
- Fabricio Werdum Excited To Avenge Previous Loss To "Minotauro" Nogueira
- Miesha Tate: Don’t Give Ronda Rousey All The Credit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.