Cung Le (8-2) knows that his time in MMA is starting to tick away, but that doesn't mean the undefeated kickboxer is planning to retire after his next fight. Le recently revealed that he has several fights left on his UFC contract.
"This isn't the last fight on my contract," said Le on The MMA Hour. "I actually have a six fight deal, so after this fight it will be my half way mark. I'm taking it one fight at a time, and not looking too far ahead, right now. The crosshairs are on Rich Franklin, and nothing else."
Le takes on Rich Franklin (29-6-1 NC) in the main event of UFC On Fuel TV 6 in November. During his MMA career, Le started on the debut Strikeforce show and stayed with the company until 2010. Along the way he won the middleweight championship before vacating it when he went to the UFC. After losing in his UFC debut, Le picked up his first win for the company over the summer. Franklin comes into the fight looking to start his first win streak since 2009. He won his last fight at UFC 147.
With three fights left on his contract, Le knows age is not a friend of the sport and his career can only continue for so long.
"I'm 40 years old," said Le. "I know I won't be fighting until I'm 50, but I do know that I've got a couple more good fights left in me. I really try not to think too far ahead. For me, it always revolves around my current fight."
Le vs. Franklin will headline UFC's debut show in China on November 10.
- Josh Koscheck Reports Possible Nick Diaz Fight
- Gilbert Melendez Could Go To UFC "Anytime" Says Cesar Gracie
- UFC On Fox 5 Loaded With 13 Bouts
- Change Made To UFC 154 Fight Card Lineup
- WSOF Matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz Promises Every Card Will Be Packed With Action
- Strikeforce’s Evangelista Santos Jumps Ship To Legacy FC
- Tim Gorman Goes From Bar Fighter To Championship Contender
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.