Cub Swanson made a comment about UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo recently that left many wondering what exactly Swanson was thinking. The fighter remarked on Sherdog Radio that he would beat Aldo 10 out of 10 times if they fought now.
Well, Swanson returned to the radio network recently and clarified his remarks. He admitted they were meant for Jens Pulver and not Aldo.
"We were going back and forth about different past opponents, and that was a mental error on my side," Swanson said. "I was talking about Jens Pulver, and I thought you guys had asked me about a rematch with him. That's why I said that was a long time ago and that I had put it past me."
Swanson (18-5) was defeated by Pulver back in 2007. He was knocked out by Aldo in 2009 after a double flying knee was delivered by "Scarface." Swanson has won three straight since a loss to Ricardo Lamas in his UFC debut, including a KO of Charles Oliveira last month.
- Jay Hieron Finally Back Inside The Octagon
- UFC Heavyweight Division Remains Unsettled
- Dana White Admits Relationship With Roy Nelson Is Strained
- Travis Browne Tours Minnesota Vikings Facility
- Stephan Bonnar "I Could Shock The World"
- Vinicius Queiroz Seeks Retribution In Bellator Debut
- Jacob Volkmann Defends Criticism That His Fights Are Boring, Refers To Internet Fans As "Fat Turds"
- John Dodson Looks To Set A UFC Record
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.