Cub Swanson continued the excellent run by former WEC fighters, stopping Charles Oliveira Saturday night at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort. Swanson has now won three straight fights inside the Octagon.
After delivering a hard shot to the body, Swanson (18-5) dipped down deep to land a big right-hand that floored Oliveira. He is 3-1 overall with the UFC.
"My coaches told me if I land one big punch, he is going down for sure," Swanson said. "I saw (pain) on his face (after the body shot), so I went to throw the right. I dipped down to make him think I was going to the body again, and I hit him with the right."
Swanson competed against the likes of UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo and former contender Chad Mendes during his time in the WEC. He now owns seven knockout and seven submission victories in his career.
- Chael Sonnen Says Jon Jones Is "Next"
- Dana White Calls Spike TV The Worst Channel
- Greg Jackson Was Concerned When Vitor Belfort Locked In The Armbar
- Vladimir Matyushenko Rips Matt Hamill - Roger Hollett Fight
- Cub Swanson Awaits José Aldo Rematch
- UFC Not Happy With How Bellator Handles Contracts
- Dana White Says Georges St-Pierre Is The Top UFC PPV Attraction, Talks Silva Vs. GSP
- Brian Stann Surprised By Decision Loss To Michael Bisping
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline