Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (10-1-1 NC) has stated in the past that doctors have recommended that she not make the cut from 145 pounds to 135 pounds. UFC president Dana White recently revealed that the promotion would assist her in making the cut.
"She can get to this weight," said White. "We have an expert who can help you lose weight in a healthy way. We have Mike Dolce, who has wrestlers lose weight and still feel good and it's all about your diet. He is 100 percent ready to work with her and will not cost anything to Cris."
UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz (16-11-1), who represents Santos, has told her not to make the weight cut and suggested that she fight elsewhere. White thinks that Santos needs to make the weight cut now, while there's still interest in a 135 pound fight with Ronda Rousey (6-0).
"Cyborg needs to get on the boat," said White. "If she wants to fight in the UFC, she'll have to fight this category of 135 pounds. The stupidest thing about it is that she has Tito Ortiz as his manager."
There is no word on if Cyborg has taken the UFC up on their offer about using their diet expert.
- Bellator Counters UFC’s Contract For Eddie Alvarez
- Jason Lambert And Hector Ramirez Added To Bellator 85
- Pat Healy’s Strikeforce Opponent Finally Revealed
- Paige VanZant Couldn’t Resist Invicta FC’s Offer
- UFC Hall Of Famer Dan Severn Retires
- Lucas Martins Tabbed To Face Edson Barboza At UFC On FX 7
- Bellator And Paul Daley Reach An Agreement
- Bobby Voelker Excited To Make UFC Debut Vs. Patrick Cote
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.