Cris Cyborg, the former 145-pound women's champion in Strikeforce, doesn't appear to be set for a return to the promotion. After Ronda Rousey, the bantamweight champion, called her out Saturday night following a convincing win over Sarah Kaufman, Cyborg went off on Twitter.
According to Tatame reporter Guilherme Cruz, Cyborg posted that she was awaiting her release from her contract so that she could seek fights elsewhere. Cyborg mentioned that Strikeforce seemed to have done away with the featherweight division. The messages on Twitter were deleted soon after.
"She must be misinformed," Coker said. "I don't understand why she'd be saying that since we just had a 145-pound fight on the card (Saturday)."
Cyborg has been very adamant that Rousey left the featherweight division because she was scared of facing her. Rousey, after her win vs. Kaufman, told Cyborg she needed to come to her because she was the champion, not the other way around.
Currently, Cyborg is suspended until December. She was stripped of the Strikeforce featherweight title after her failed drug test.
- Mark Hominick Knows His Career Is On The Line At UFC 154
- Randy Couture On His Son Following In His Footsteps
- Series Of Interesting Messages From Jason "Mayhem" Miller Posted On Twitter
- XFC 20 Finalized With A Main Event Of Eric Reynolds Vs. Danny Salinas
- Dan Henderson Wants To Leave No Doubt By Winning All Five Rounds Or Knocking Jon Jones Out
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Many Fighters
- Tito Ortiz Says He Created UFC Light Heavyweight Division’s Weight Limit
- Video: Highlights From Ronda Rousey-Sarah Kaufman Title Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.