Wanderlei Silva (34-12-1-1 NC) was unable to appear at UFC 153 in Brazil due to prior commitments, leaving the former Pride champion disappointed as it would have been his first appearance in the country since 2000. Going forward, Silva is gunning for a return to the Octagon sometime next year.
Silva, who has fought in several weight classes, doesn't seem too anxious in returning as a heavyweight. Instead, he seems stuck between the middleweight and light heavyweight class.
"I want to either fight a catchweight bout at 198 pounds or at light heavyweight," said Silva on Sherdog. "At middleweight, I'm very hungry. Right now, I'm doing weight training and some shadow boxing. I'm kind of on vacation now, paying attention to the family, but next year the Wand is back."
Since Silva joined the UFC, he is 3-5 and hasn't been able to start any kind of winning streak. His last fight in June ended with a unanimous decision loss. His original opponent was injured less than a month before the show.
When it pertains to who he would like to fight, Silva was open to names and whoever he is offered is fine by him.
"Actually, anyone they offer is good for me," said Silva. "I'll face whomever the UFC wants."
- Ben Henderson Went To Veterans For Advice
- Cesar Gracie: Nate Diaz Vs. Gilbert Melendez Will Never Happen
- Georges St-Pierre Says Focus Should Be On Carlos Condit, Not Anderson Silva
- "UFC Unrestricted" To Offer In-Depth Look At UFC 148
- Junior Dos Santos Confident He Could KO Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Dana White Hosting Live Q&A On Tuesday Evening
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.