Bellator Fighting Championship CEO Bjorn Rebney announced during Thursday night's MMA Uncensored Live on Spike TV that Bellator heavyweight champion Cole Konrad will defend his title against Eric Prindle next month.
Konrad-Prindle will take place at Bellator 65 on April 13 from the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The main card will air on MTV2.
Konrad (8-0) has not competed since last August, defeating Paul Buentello in a non-title fight. The former NCAA Div. I wrestling champion has yet to defend his title, as he won the belt in the season three tournament.
Prindle (7-1) advanced to the finals of the most recent Bellator heavyweight tournament against Thiago Santos. In the first meeting between the two, the fight was ruled a no-contest after a Santos strike caught Prindle below the belt. The two were set to meet twice since that time, but Prindle was under the weather and the fight was postponed.
Last week, Prindle and Santos were set to meet again, but this time, the fight was called after Santos was unable to make weight. Prindle was awarded the tourney title and shot at Konrad.
Along with Konrad-Prindle, Zach Makovsky will defend his Bellator bantamweight title against Eduardo Dantas on the card.
- Video: Champion Vs. Contender: Ronda Rousey Interviews Alistair Overeem
- Despite Two Previous Losses, Rich Franklin Feels Like He Can Defeat Anderson Silva
- Reports Say Brock Lesnar Has Signed With The WWE
- Video: "ONE FC 3: War Of Lions" Event Available For Online Viewing
- Erick Silva-Charlie Brenneman Added To "UFC On FX 3"
- Dana White Promises No More 3-Minute Breaks On "TUF: Live"
- "ONE FC 3: War Of Lions" Results: Moreira, Kawajiri Earn Submission Wins
- A Look At Eduard Folayang Vs. Ole Laursen At "ONE FC: War Of The Lions" Tonight
- Bellator & Super Fight League Express Interest In "King Mo" Lawal
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.