UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones announced on Wednesday that he has signed a deal to be sponsored by Nike. Jones will have his own signature line and be featured in advertising around the world for the company.
While in terms of MMA it is a landmark deal, there is at least one person who follows the sport that does not believe it is a good idea.
Pro wrestling superstar CM Punk, who makes his living competing for the WWE and is a MMA fan who is close friends with Chael Sonnen, sounded off on news of the deal via Twitter.
"Let's reward more drunk drivers with endorsement deals! #responsibility," Punk wrote.
While he didn't mention Jones by name, "Bones" was involved in a DUI case earlier this year. He crashed his car into a light pole in the early morning hours and was arrested on the scene. He has since made his court hearings and completed several sessions in alcohol abuse.
- Dana White Feels Like Ronda Rousey Could Break Octagon Barrier
- Cheick Kongo Would Welcome Fight With Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Fighter Salaries Released
- Chael Sonnen Makes Reference To Next Fight, But Doesn't Name Names
- WWE Superstar CM Punk Unimpressed With Jon Jones' Nike Deal
- Donald Cerrone, Melvin Guillard Are Friends Until Their Fight Starts
- GSP's Trainer Says Fighter Want Bout With Anderson Silva
Get more great MMA news and analalysis over at Fightline