According to a report by the Chicago Sun Times, Clay Guida will be debuting at featherweight vs. Hatsu Hioki in January at UFC On Fox: Johnson Vs. Dodson. The bout will serve as a Homecoming fight for Guida, who hails from Illinois.
Guida (29-13) decided to move down to featherweight after a pair of losses to Gray Maynard and current UFC lightweight champion Ben Henderson. He had won four straight fights prior to the losing skid.
Hioki (26-5-2) was handed a loss to Ricardo Lamas in his most recent bout. The Japanese fighter was viewed as a potential challenger to UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo before the setback.
"I've never had a problem making 155," Guida said. "I wrestled at 149 in college, so all I'll have to do is clean up a few things in my diet. I believe I present a tougher challenge for him than he does for me."
The UFC on Fox 6 lineup is quickly filling up, as the main event features UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson facing John Dodson. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira and Anthony Pettis vs. Donald Cerrone are also scheduled.
- UFC Heavyweights Shawn Jordan-Mike Russow To Square Off In January
- Clay Guida-Hatsu Hioki Targeted For UFC On Fox 6
- Josh Barnett "Hopeful" For January Fight In Strikeforce
- Erik Koch-Ricardo Lamas Shifted To UFC On Fox 6
- GSP-Anderson Silva Would Be Mega Event
- Rich Hale: Not Going To Let His Chance “Slip Through The Fingers"
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Says He's Fighting Glover Teixeira At UFC On Fox 6
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.