Claudia Gadelha (8-0) has inked a deal with Invicta FC. She will be making her debut on the first show of 2013 where in a championship fight against Carla Esparza (8-2).
"I signed with [Invicta FC] and I'll get the belt vying for the category," said Gadelha to TATAME. "The event was having trouble finding opponents for both of us, so they had to marry a title fight."
Gadelha is undefeated in her MMA career. Two fights have gone to the judges and the other six have ended in round one. She holds five submission wins. Esparza will come into the fight winning her last three fights. The previous two wins came out of Invicta FC.
Invicta FC returns to action on January 5 from Kansas City for their fourth event. Their previous shows streamed on the company's site for free, but it's not known if that is still the plan moving ahead.
The weight class the two will meet in was not announced.
- UFC Took Care Of Fabio Maldonado For Accepting Glover Teixeira Fight
- Alessio Sakara's Quest For Appeal Denied
- Jon Jones Was Kept Off TUF Due To His Age
- Chael Sonnen Turned Down Spot On TUF 1
- Rich Clementi: I’m From A Different Fight Generation
- Tyrone Spong’s Return To Kickboxing Delayed
- Urijah Faber-Vaughan Lee In Works For UFC 156
- Scott Coker On Exposing Female MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.