"I like Shogun in this one," said Liddell. "I think the incentive to get a shot at his belt will really make him come out all guns blazing and of course he can hit. I know that after he hit me. They both kick very, very hard. I'd love to see them both kick-box in the center of the Octagon, I think that would be a really exciting fight if they go ahead and go that way."
Liddell believes that this fight will see Vera at his best, but it won't be enough to secure the win.
"I remember when Vera was mouthing off about winning the heavyweight title, then coming down to 205lbs and beating me for my belt. He was always nice to me, though, he was just talking himself up. Now he has the chance to fight his way to a title shot. I expect to see the best Vera we've seen in a long time, but I think Shogun has this."
Lyoto Machida (17-2) takes on Ryan Bader (14-2) in the co-main event of the evening. Liddell sides with Machida to win, as he questions Bader's ability to take a strike.
"Bader has to take him down and not get caught on the way in," said Liddell. "That's going to be the fight right there. After Tito [Ortiz] caught him and knocked him almost out, I think there's a question on Bader's chin, but he has to take chances to get the win. Bader has to go forward, throw punches and set up the takedown. But I always side with the striker. I'm going for Machida to catch him coming in and stopping him."
UFC of FOX 4 is tomorrow, August 4, at 8pm Eastern time.
- Rashad Evans-Chael Sonnen? Just Maybe
- Ryan Bader Wants Redemption For TUF Incident With Lyoto Machida
- Coach For Dominick Cruz Feels Like He Will Recover 100-Percent
- Bellator 73 To Feature Title Fight, Two Tourney Finals This Month
- Video: Frankie Edgar's Series "155 Reasons" Continues With New Episode
- One Person Feels Like Retirement Is Needed For Matt Hughes, Forrest Griffin
- Jon Jones Offers Up His Take On Saturday's Light Heavyweight Bouts
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline