Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell comes from the days of years ago in terms of being an MMA fighter. Liddell helped pave the way for the likes of Jon Jones and countless others, earning himself a spot in the UFC's Hall of Fame.
"I would have taken the fight, but I don't make his decisions or run his career for him," Liddell said.
Liddell said he understood why Lyoto Machida declined a short-notice fight with Jones if he wasn't in the correct shape, adding, "he was beat by Jones last time and he would have wanted time to prepare."
- Video: Preview For Friday Night's Debut Of "The Ultimate Fighter"
- Roy Nelson Was Allowed To Do His Own Thing On TUF, Says Dana White
- Frankie Edgar Never Thought About Turning Down Jose Aldo Bout
- Chuck Liddell "Would Have Taken Fight" With Chael Sonnen If He Was Jon Jones
- Dana White Open To GSP-Anderson Silva, Silva-Jon Jones Fights In The Future
- Kurt Angle Pulled From World Series Of Fighting Debut
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline