It's been a relatively quiet past few days in terms of UFC fight announcements. However, the promotion finally set up a pair of middleweights looking to compete again, as Chris Weidman and Tim Boetsch will square off this December.
UFC officials confirmed Weidman-Boetsch for UFC 155, which is set for December 29 from Las Vegas. UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos will defend his title against Cain Velasquez in the main event.
Weidman (9-0) was hoping to secure a UFC middleweight title shot vs. Anderson Silva, but will need to fend off the rising challenger in Boetsch (16-4) if he hopes to become the No. 1 contender.
- Martin Kampmann Doesn't Lack Confidence In Potential Georges St-Pierre Fight
- Jon Jones Has Future Plans To Beat Chael Sonnen "Silly"
- Antonio Banuelos Plans To Push The Pace In Lighter Weight Class
- Scott Coker Explains Reason Behind Lorenz Larkin's Strikeforce Title Shot
- Dan Henderson Believes He'll Get Jon Jones-Vitor Belfort Winner
- Ray Sefo: Tyrone Spong Coming To World Series Of Fighting
- Pat Barry "By The End Of This Year, I'm Going To Punch Somebody In The Face"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline