The contest featured Derek Brunson earning a decision victory over Chris Leben in his UFC debut, but the end result was of little interest to White.
"I love Chris Leben personally and professionally, he's a great kid. I made a mistake putting him on the pay-per-view," said White, during the post-fight press conference. "He's been off for personal problems for a while and he looked slow."
Leben was suspended after failing a post-fight drug test last year following a loss to Mark Munoz. White added that the bout "was not my favorite fight of the night, that's for damn sure."
Brunson accepted the contest on short notice, replacing an injured Karlos Vemola. The card, as happened all year for the UFC, was hit hard by injuries after first announcing the fight lineup.
As for Leben, White said "we try to help him as much as we can, and I'm sure he'll be back." He has lost three of his last four, with the lone win being a 27-second knockout of Wanderlei Silva in early 2011.
- Bellator Counters UFC’s Contract For Eddie Alvarez
- Jason Lambert And Hector Ramirez Added To Bellator 85
- Pat Healy’s Strikeforce Opponent Finally Revealed
- Paige VanZant Couldn’t Resist Invicta FC’s Offer
- UFC Hall Of Famer Dan Severn Retires
- Lucas Martins Tabbed To Face Edson Barboza At UFC On FX 7
- Bellator And Paul Daley Reach An Agreement
- Bobby Voelker Excited To Make UFC Debut Vs. Patrick Cote
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.